Engage as a Volunteer/ Intern
If you are thinking of a career in livelihood domain, or if you think you have a zeal to serve the marginalised, then an internship at Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation (S-ILF) would be a perfect beginning for you. Each year, S-ILF’s Volunteer/ Internship Programme offers eligible students from the social background, an opportunity to attain direct practical familiarity with S-ILF’s work.
S-ILF has been working on mainstreaming & integration of highly discriminated leprosy affected population across India, since 2008. Under S-ILF’s mandate and there are three categorized domains; Socio-Economic Rehabilitation, Education and Communication/Advocacy whereas, livelihoods of the leprosy-affected population has been a greater focus for more than 10 years. S-ILF has reached more than 100 districts of 18 states in India.
The internship role is based at S-ILF’s New Delhi office with one or two filed visits, if required.
Primary Task & responsibilities are:
– Under the direct supervision of Program Officer (Livelihoods/ Education) and overall supervision of Program Manager (Livelihoods/ Education), the intern will support the livelihood and or Education team on documenting project activities related to the programmes.
– The tasks of the intern will include, but not be limited to;
– Support in the documentation of ongoing program activities and key practices under different components of livelihood/ Education program,
– Dossier and folders development for different components within program,
– Providing support for desk research whenever required,
– Helping in the foundation for daily input, official documents and field documents,
– Assist the team with general documentation work,
– Assists in coordination with field activities,
– Any other documentation work as assigned by supervisor
– The candidates must be current students or recent graduate/ post-graduates from a recognised institution in India, with a coursework or keen interest in documentation, livelihoods or social/ community development.
– Excellent proficiency in English writing with proficient drafting skills and attention to details
– Good typing skills on computer and proficiency with Microsoft Office & Internet operations. Expertise in MS Excel will be an added advantage.
– Strong interest in livelihoods, social & economical rehabilitation, microenterprise development, social/community development, education, skills etc with a keen interest in desk and web-based research
– A good team player and ability to successfully work independently with minimal supervision
– Be not older than 25 years
– We are open to full-time volunteers/ interns only.
How to Apply:
Click here to Apply Now