Programme Officer-Fundraising & Donor Servicing:
Role: The candidate will provide support to the Fundraising Team in raising resources, ensuring adherence to donor guidelines and policies, tracking expenditure and income data and liaising with donors.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Scan for potential opportunities for funding: Identify potential donors, and analyze their priority/criteria for specific programs through web-search, newspaper and other mediums.
- Setting up meetings with potential/existing donors & tracking follow-ups
- Proposal Budget Development/Revisions:
- Assist in program specific research for developing proposals
- Prepare and provide support, where required, in the development of new programme proposals – narrative and financial.
- Ensuring compliance with donor guidelines/formats/standard guidelines
- MIS Development and data analysis:
- Assist in primary and secondary research that includes designing/customizing formats, data collection, compilation and analysis of data
- Track grants from time to time to ensure timely completion and quality reporting Timely alerts on any underspent on grants.
- Ensure support on MIS development and maintenance to track the cash flow for all grants to ensure continuous and timely fund request to donors.
- Donor servicing:
- Assist in necessary documentation for high-valued grants/high-risk donors or whenever requested.
- Analysis of budget versus spent of donor grants on a regular basis.
- Other theme based or donor based analysis of data.
- Assist in various documentation like project reports, case studies (as per grant/donor requirement)
- Ensure timely submission of donor reports meeting donor compliance, maintaining high quality of the reports confirming to donor formats; timely responses to donor queries and sharing of information with the program team.
- Run online campaigns in crowdfunding (fundraising) and social media (awareness)
- Others: Besides these activities, candidates should be willing to work beyond their role, if required.
Core Competencies & Qualifications
- Knowledge of the Development Sector
- Conceptually clear and analytical ability to infer results from presented data
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in literature review and writing project reports
- Good reporting and presentation skills.
- Budgetary and financial reporting skills
- Understanding of donor compliance
- Good administration skills and ability to multi-task.
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Post Graduate in the field of Social Work or related stream
- At least 3-4 years of relevant work experience
- Advance IT skills: knowledge and experience of MS Office packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint are critical)
Interested candidates may please apply by 2nd June, 2017 along with their CV to email@example.com
Engage as a Volunteer/ Intern
If you are thinking of a career in livelihood domain, or if you think you have a zeal to serve the marginalised, then an internship at Sasakawa-India Leprosy Foundation (S-ILF) would be a perfect beginning for you. Each year, S-ILF’s Volunteer/ Internship Programme offers eligible students from social background, an opportunity to attain direct practical familiarity in S-ILF’s work.
S-ILF has been working on mainstreaming & integration of highly discriminated leprosy affected population across India, since 2008. Under S-ILF’s mandate and there are three categorized domains; Socio Economic Rehabilitation, Education and Communication/Advocacy whereas, livelihoods of leprosy affected population has been a greater focus for last 10 years. S-ILF has reached more than 100 districts of 18 states in India.
The internship role is based at S-ILF’s New Delhi office with one or two filed visits, if required.
Primary Task & responsibilities are:
– Under the direct supervision of Program Officer (Livelihoods) and overall supervision of Program Manager (Livelihoods), the intern will support the livelihood team on documenting project activities related to livelihood program.
– The tasks of the intern will include, but not be limited to;
– Support in documentation of ongoing program activities and key practices under different components of livelihood program,
– Dossier and folders development for different components within program,
– Providing support in desk research whenever required,
– Helping in foundation for daily input, official documents and field documents,
– Assist the team with general documentation work,
– Assists in coordination with field activities,
– Any other documentation work as assigned by supervisor
– The candidates must be current students or recent graduate/ post-graduates from recognised institution in India, with a coursework or keen interest in documentations, livelihoods or social/ community development.
– Excellent proficiency in English writing with proficient drafting skills and attention to details
– Good typing skills on computer and proficiency with Microsoft Office & Internet operations. Expertise in MS Excel will be an added advantage.
– Strong interest in livelihoods, social & economical rehabilitation, micro enterprise development, social/community development, etc with keen interest in desk and web-based research
– A good team player and ability to successfully work independently with minimal supervision
– Be not older than 25 years
Length of engagement:
– We are open for full time volunteers/ interns only.
– Minimum length of engagement will be 2 months for volunteers and 6 months for interns. Maximum could be fixed out.
How to Apply:
Click here to Apply Now
– We work Monday to Friday between 9:30 till 5:30 (Except holidays), so you could drop in to our office with a prior call & appointment.
– Our address is: S-260, First Floor, Near Manav Bharti School, Panchsheel Park, New Delhi – 110017. Phone: 011- 2601 3438
– You can also apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Please put the subject as “Applying for Internship/ Volunteer programme”
– Don’t forget to carry/ attach your updated resume.
Whats in it for you?
– On successful completion of internship, the candidates will be awarded by Internship Completion Certificate from S-ILF.
– Your normal travel cost will be bear by us (We are close to Hauz Khas Metro Station).
– You will be our Young Ambassador and will be invited to our Annual Anti-Leprosy Events.
– An opportunity to work for the society and to bring a change.