Youth Against Leprosy (YAL)
The Youth against Leprosy (YAL) is a program, drafted for the young generation who falls in the age group of 16 to 25 years (College Level). The event is aimed to raise the awareness level about leprosy, along with self-confidence and inspirational levels of each person who takes part in the workshops during the event and to leave them feeling that they have achieved and learnt something new.
S-ILF is organising this event for youth S-ILF has trained under its education program. These youth are from different leprosy colonies and currently pursuing courses which vary from entry-level skill trainings to professional studies. Another aspect of this event is to involve with educational institutions, which S-ILF has worked with, under its awareness and Sensitisation project in Delhi-NCR. These institutions are Department of Social Work, Jamia Millia Islamia; Department of Social Work, Gautam Buddha University, School of Law, Fairfield Institute of Management & Technology, Amity Institute of Social Sciences- Amity University and Institute of Public Health & Hygiene.
The main aim is to provide these youth with a platform to know about each other and showcase their learning and understanding on issues, related to leprosy.Participants will also participate in a series of activities including the following:
- Interaction between youth and a professional trainer to from a selected field (which inspire the youth)
- Workshop where participants will be engaged in developing creative ideas to handle the challenges in dealing with stigma and discrimination.
- Activities that they can do in their surroundings to create awareness, like street play, group songs, slogan writings, Poster making, blog writing etc.
- These will be in line of competitive activities with winners and runner-up for each activity done.
- The event will end with facilitation of the participants with citations and awards
- The final event will be attended by guests and members of civil society.
The residential program will be organised by S-ILF at the University Campus, Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI), New Delhi. (27th to 28th January 2018).
The inauguration will be done by Prof. Talat Ahmad, Vice Chancellor, JMI at CIT Auditorium, Jamia Millia Islamia on 27th January, 2018.
The finale of the program will be organised at the India Islamic Culture Centre, Lodhi Road, New Delhi on 29th January 2018. Awards will be given away by Chief Guest Dr Mahesh Sharma, Hon’ble Minister of Culture & Tourism and Guest of Honour, Mr Yohei Sasakawa, Mentor, S-ILF; Chairman The Nippon Foundation.
Entry by invitation only.